Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Hindus--first steps

I'm sick as a dog right now, with a lovely virus courtesy of my family who came to visit. But it's a nice day with good light, so I thought I would start taking some photos of the other half (well, third, really) of our DBA big battle doubles army: the Hindu allies.

Of course, it turned out that the version of the Hindu Indian Army I bought at Cold Wars was the only one that can't be an ally (or even an enemy) for our Tamils--III/10B, the Rajputs. Never mind; I was already going to buy and paint another so that Frank and I could swap and each have a Tamil and a Hindu army. I'll just keep this one, paint the III/10c that's on its way from the UK, and give that one to Frank.

In the meantime, the Rajputs deserve an introduction, so here they are.

Here's the army pack, pristine and unopened. Almost all my DBA armies are Essex--they make very nice figures, though the bases leave a lot to be desired--usually far too small and narrow for stability.



















General: either Knights or Elephant, and Essex gives you both options. Here's the Knight general.



















And here's the Elly Gen:



















The Rajputs are pretty balanced in arms, with Knights



















and Bow


















some Blade


















and some Skirmishers.


















If I have the energy later, I may start cleaning these guys up and undercoating them. My friend Bryan has introduced the use of gesso to our group, and I have found it a good choice. No propellant smell (or running out halfway through the tin), no paint jamming up the nozzle (again, with plenty of paint still inside), no beading during humid weather, no limits on when you can undercoat.

The proper allies, when they arrive, will be different only in having fewer Blades, more Elephants (up to three!), and Cavalry instead of Knights. A little bit more challenging to play than the Rajputs, perhaps it will mean our combined Tamil-Hindu army could have as many as nine (9!) elephants--fun!

Next time, cleaning, priming, and thoughts on colours. But right now, I need to go take more meds before my throat entirely closes up...

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar