Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

"Trapped. Help Me. Trapped."

"Increase power. Emergency. Increase power."
This 28mm scale model of a Dalek is produced by “Warlord Games”, and can be assembled from one of the plastic sprues found within the Davros & The New Dalek Empire boxed set for their "Doctor Who: Exterminate!" tabletop miniatures game. Conceived by Terry Nation and designed by Raymond Cusick in 1963, these particular sculpts are based upon Henry van Statten's so-called "Metaltron" shell, which first appeared in the April 2005 BBC Television series story "Dalek".

Unfortunately for this particular figure however, I wanted to use the "easy-fit plastic" piece to represent a Kaled mutant which had died desperately trying to escape its Mark III travel machine following the casing's partial destruction. As a result, I cut off the Dalek's dome so as to re-position it and snipped away the deadly extra-terrestrial's sucker cup, before super-gluing it to one of the 40mm thin-lipped circular bases I use for objective markers.
"Doctor Who: Exterminate!" WIPs - These three Ogrons have had their trousers layered and shaded.
I also took the opportunity to model parts of the decimated Kaled itself, leaking out of some of the holes in its outer shell. These gory entrails were made of grey-stuff and simply rolled into sausages. I then stuck them into position and added some lumpy bumps courtesy of a modelling knife. Once I was reasonably happy with the entire ensemble, it was primed in "Vallejo" Heavy Sienna.

As the destroyed Dalek needed to tie-in with my other Time War mechanical casings, I next gave the model a double coat of Brass, washed it with "The Army Painter" Strong Tone Quickshade, and applied a rough dry-brush of more "Vallejo" Brass all over it. Later I 'picked out' the extra-terrestrial's eye stalk and blast gun with some "Citadel" Ironbreaker and Nuln Oil, and painted the alien's one remaining light bulb safety valve with a combination of "Vallejo" White and Pale Grey.
Dalek WIPs - An Interrogator Prime, a Scientist and a 'converted' Time War drone
Finally, I used some "Citadel" Abaddon Black to coat the pepper pot's fender and laid down a coat of "Vallejo" Heavy Grey over the gooey corpse of its occupant. This bubbly mess was subsequently washed with "Citadel" Biel-Tan Green...

Enthused with finishing this long-forgotten mini-project, I have now started work pigmenting three Ogrons I discovered gathering dust alongside my decimated Dalek, and have already completed their trousers. In addition, I have based up six more of the Mark III travel machines to add even more support to my Skaro-based forces for "Doctor Who: Exterminate!"; albeit their colour schemes will follow those of an Interrogator Prime, Scientist and Axis Strike Squad, as depicted in the audio shows by "Big Finish".

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar