Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Yarn Along - Summer Notebook


It is another wet and grey day in England. Perfect knitting weather. Somehow I now have three projects on the go. I'm really not sure how that happens, I suspect it has something to do with the love of yarn, the ever-growing 'Things-I-want-to-create' list, mixed with a little stash busting necessity knitting. Either way - I have something to keep busy with whatever my knitty mood ;o)

I thought I would share the cowl that I am busy with at the moment. I am really enjoying working with chunky yarn at the moment. It knits up really quickly and is lovely and warm. I found this variegated yarn in a little store nearby and thought that it would be great knitted up using a textured stitch pattern {this is moss stitch} to create a great big warm cowl for the winter months.

I'm not sure I am entirely in love with the colourway. I have to say that I think it looked better all rolled up in it's ball. The solid lines of colour are just not appealing to my eye! I am pressing on in the hopes that the finished article will look better in it's wrapped-around-the-neck position.

Reading - James Dobson's 'Emotions, Can You Trust Them?' - a very interesting read. This was a recommended book for me to read for one of our KONOS unit studies. I am finding Mr. Dobson's insights to our emotions fascinating. The other book is the first in the 'Left Behind' series which is a fictional supposition based on scripture on the end times. Written by two well-known theologians, I am finding it a gripping read! I am looking up the scripture passages mentioned in the book as I go along and really enjoying reading parts of the Bible that I have not read before.

Joining in this weeks Yarn Along with Ginny

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar