Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Wheat. . .The Heart of America!

Hi my friends,

For the past few years I have been picking up vintage wheat dishes.  What started out as one wheat pitcher has grown into quite a collection.

The first items I found were these sweet yellow and white series.  After showing them in a post last year, Sweet Wheat. (Click on it to check it out) One of my readers informed me that they use to come in laundry detergent.  The glasses were a thrift find I gave to my youngest daughter.  She gave them back to me when they recently moved to Spain.

IMG_8968

Wheat is such an important grain.  It’s has helped sustain life for centuries.

There’s nothing quite like the sight of a field of wheat.

Last year my sister, Julie found a set of wheat dishes at the D.I. in Price, UT.  Knowing that I had been collecting them she called to see if I wanted them.

Even though they are not the same, for $30 I didn’t think I could go wrong.

I decided to set my Thanksgiving table with them.  My hubby brought me the lace tablecloth from Panama.  He served there for summer camp in the National Guard one year.

IMG_8966

These are a fancier set than the white and yellow ones.  Being the plain Jann  Jane that I am I dressed them down a little with bamboo place mats.

  IMG_8957

I have never been a lover of gold silverware.  This is one time that It would look lovely.

IMG_8958

For the centerpiece I used my cute little strawberry cart.  It holds extra dishes and a white faux pumpkin.  This works great because when the time comes to put all the food on the table it can be lifted off easily.

IMG_8959

And what goes better with wheat dishes than wheat?  This burlap covered pot sits in the cart also.

IMG_8961

IMG_8963

Other dishes that came with the set.  These will hold mashed potatoes and cranberries.

IMG_8964

A couple other wheat dishes that are white and yellow.  I always love mixing things up.

IMG_8969

The glasses are ones that I picked up at the $1 store a few years ago.  It’s the sentiment that sold me on them.  This is what they say:  Family…Memories are made of this…smiles.laughter.hugs

IMG_8965

IMG_8967

And this is the pitcher that started it all.

IMG_8962

I don’t know about my other American friends, but I can hardly wait to. . .bring on the turkey!

And on a more serious note, I thank the Lord for all of my many blessings!

Hugs,

Jann

I will be sharing with:

Timewashed for Blissful Whites Wednesdayl

All Star Block Party

Rose Chintz Cottage for Home

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar