Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Weekly Wrap-Up 8/1

 Good golly it is August!!!  I am just shaking my head - it is so hard to believe that this summer has flown by so fast.

We have finally cooled down a little.  I have gotten to have the air off for most of a couple of days.  Such a lovely breeze outside.  The first part of the week was HOT!  Still dry - which is amazing after all the rain we had just a few weeks ago.
Some schools started back this past Monday and most of the rest start this week.  Sure not like the good old days - no school until after Labor Day!!
Daylight hours are definitely getting shorter.  I think they have said we lost a good 40 minutes a day this month from the beginning to the end of the month. 

One of my "surprises" this week.  Surprise lilies, naked ladies - whatever you call them - they are a lovely surprise to go out and see.  They so remind me of my folks!  These came from their home.

My week:
  • Patched 2 pair of 'work' jeans
  • Finally had to get the hose out to the garden.  Using rain barrels for all pots - but the garden is a bit much to do that way
  • Worked on harvesting something just about every day!  Love home grown.
My first tomatoes!!!!  Yep they were tasty.  I have since picked a handful or so.  Still no big ones yet - I am patiently waiting!!!
  • I did do some yard work.  I worked in mornings on those days when it was hot and thne most of the days when it cooled.  I weed whacked a lot of areas.  I worked on weeding 2 flower beds and the garden.  Cleaned a section of fence (wild morning glories) and dead headed a ton of flowers.  I borrowed the neighbors leaf blower and cleared the backyard (yep) and put all the leaves in area behind shed (super weed blocker).
  • A new Dollar Tree opened super close by - so I went and checked it out.  So clean and neat - what a change!  There have been 2 to open within a short distance this week and both in former CVS stores!  Hmmmm..  I added to stock of non-edible items like dish soap, shampoo, deodorant, etc.  I did get 3 pair of knee socks for winter.  I love whimsy and they were cute and actually pretty heavy for $1 each.
  • Doing all the normal stuff.  Cooking from home, using what I have.  Laundry in cold.  Working on cleaning and decluttering more.  Porch sitting and enjoying nature.

Meals this past week:
Potato/zucchini/bacon Au Gratin & salad
Leftover day (odds and ends)
Pizza slices from freezer
2 bean and cheese burritos
Zucchini/chicken/cheese fritters
Leftover fritters and chopped steak w/pizza sauce & cheese topping
2 chicken legs, steak fries and steamed zucchini

SNACKS:  fruit, toast w/jelly, Coke float, cheese slices and crackers

It was pretty quiet here this week.  The house 2 doors down (those wild kids from last summer) became 'empty' this week.  They had to move (I guess non-payment).  Empty is an under statement - what a mess!  They have taken 2 dump truck loads of trash and stuff out of there.  One was basically trash!!!!  It is a 2 bdrm. house - no basement!  I guess the bugs and mice were horrific.  Everyone close by is spraying the outsides of foundations!  It is amazing how nasty some people live.  3 kids were in there and no one knew about the trash.  Had we known, child protection would have been called.  So sad.

How was your week?  Did you get any deals?  Harvesting goodies from the gardens?
Give us a shout out and tell us about your week.

Prayers that you are all safe and healthy in the coming week.  Hoping you are staying cool and those with drought get rain soon.  Stay healthy my friends!
Blessings from my humble little home to yours.



But you, take courage!  Do not let your hands hands be weak, for your work shall be rewarded.
2 Chronicles 15:7

Lord, keep us vigilant and prepared - yet keep us looking upon thy positive light.  You have us in Your hands and You have control.  Thank you for all our many blessings, big and small.  May we be thankful for everything, every day.  Amen


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar