We need a sorting hat here. I mentioned to Tommy some sorting I wished he would do. Well, he is deep into it. The only food bank I go to has choices. I always choose tea, instant oatmeal packets, or hot chocolate packets. Well, last time they had all three, not just the usual one item. So, I chose all three. I never drink hot tea, may have instant oatmeal once every six months, and most often will drink hot chocolate every six weeks.
Some of it goes into a cabinet near his coffeemaker, a place I never go. So, because it is dark in the cabinet and not enough light still in the kitchen, I have no idea and do not care what is in there. However, I will drink hot chocolate occasionally. So, that might be an important place to look since he may have put hot chocolate mix there.
Today, I mentioned I would like him to get all three of the items together so we would know what was there and where it was located. We could then make an attempt to use the oldest items first. Well, he went straight to the hoard of tiny packets and has it all sorted. I wanted him to wait until I found containers for each of the items. So, in a rush I decided the basket that strawberries came in would be excellent for each item. Then, I saw one from last year. I figure there is no use buying bins when I get them with strawberries.
He has it all sorted and now the little table in the kitchen is more tidy. And, I know what is here and so does he. There is so much hot chocolate that I may store most of it in the freezer. The table is where we keep bread and the pb crackers.
I love tidy! There is still more to tidy but that is enough for one day.
There is no sorting hat here, but today I had Tommy. He can stand longer than I.
It is already 5:30 pm, but my plans are for another meat cooking marathon. I always fight to keep meat from thawing all over the refrigerator. Finally, I used a small cookie sheet which worked. Now, I am using a plastic box with lid to keep juices contained. It has 3" sides. We put the meat in a plastic bag so it won't slide off the package underneath and onto refrigerator shelf. Of course, there is no need for the lid, but it could serve as another barrier under meat.
No, not cooking meats tonight since I just don't feel like it. We are having a jar of spaghetti with added stuff and some frozen ground beef along with a salad.
While in the kitchen I found two large bottles of virgin olive oil I bought bogo two weeks ago. I should have put that in the freezer, but I didn't feel like doing it. So, it is resting in the refrigerator.
Today, I have not felt well because of little sleep Sunday night and failed nap attempt on Monday. But, the sorting we have accomplished and the cooking will make this not a complete day with no accomplishments. Okay, for the last few hours I have felt more ill by the minute. I will call the doctor in the morning. At midnight, I feel worse than I have in months.
So, our sorting happens on a small scale and for short lengths of time, but it happens. Do you do small sorts and small jobs of decluttering? Or, do you go for whole space or room sorting?

0 Yorumlar