Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Q and A session - cookies and G. Taber

Here is my first question and answer session. These are the ones I've had in my head for a while. If you have asked a question, and I haven't answered, please let me know, and I will do so.

1. In October (!), arcadian advocate asked:

can you please post what you reckon to be the best choc chip cookie recipe ever

Well, those sour cream choc chip ones are certainly one of the top favorites, though I did say about Alton Brown's: "they just may be the very best I've ever tasted." If you want oats in them the choc chip oat cookies are "outstanding," and if you like toffee bits, then you might want to try these. So, I am really no help at all in terms of a definitive answer! In fact, I have a recipe I haven't yet posted on whose card I wrote: " the best I've ever tasted- use exclusively for choc chip cookies." I'll make these soon, and let you know if they measure up to those words I wrote years ago.

2. I can't find the post where I was asked the following questions, but I know that Mary has waited a long time for the answers. First, she wanted to know where the Gladys Taber quote at the top of my sidebar comes from. It is from a book called Stillmeadow and Sugarbridge, 1953. I read it shortly before beginning my blog in November, 2006, and those words seemed so fitting. Second, she wondered about Gladys' books in general. Here is a website that lists each book and the date it was published. I have read a few, but by no means all. I own only one, having borrowed wonderful old copies from the library over the years. The time has really come to buy some for myself. Many of them are monthly writings, and I like to read them in that way.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar