Not much on the knitting and crochet front to report. I'm still working on these socks when I'm in the car and NOT driving. I have one sock done and have turned the heel on this one. I just don't have a recent photo of it. Almost done though!
Miss Piper's blanket is BIG. This is it folded in quarters so if she see's this picture she won't know "exactly" what it looks like. I ran out of pink yarn! Michael's is supposed to get more in on their truck tonight. I knew I was going to run out last weekend, so I called and they have reserved six skeins for me. Hopefully I'll be able to pick it up tomorrow morning. I do like how it's turning out and I think an almost 5 year old who loves pink will like it too. :-)
See that white speckled thingy in the center of the photo below? That's a little bag I crocheted a couple of years ago to put my phone in when I walk Chloe at the lake or take walks on my own. I rarely have pockets in my dresses and I get tired of carrying it all of the time. Dennis insists I always have it with me in case I fall or something. Well, fast forward to Tuesday. I was sitting with three other ladies outside of our trailer and one of them saw mine on the table by the door. She asked where I bought it because she had seen me wearing it and wanted one for herself. The other two ladies chimed in and said they wanted one too. They each chose their yarn colors and here is one completed and the yarn for the other two. I never dreamed anyone would want one. They're pretty simple and not very pretty but they ARE useful. I put my phone, a tissue, the trailer keys and a doggy pickup bag for Chloe in mine.
Sunsets are sure pretty. The color is because of the smoke that is back again, almost worse than before.
There is a garden of sunflowers next to the trailer. They make me smile just looking at them.
Pure gorgeousness.
I tried to get a better photo of the bumblebee but he wasn't cooperating. Still pretty neat to see.
Barry brought Lori and I each a beautiful bouquet on Monday. Wasn't that sweet? He's in his middle 80's and takes care of the huge garden at the lake every year. This year he is slowing down a lot. It's really sad to think of him not being there and plowing on his tractor. He's even saying this may be his last year in the garden.
I finally finished this book. Pretty good and an interesting viewpoint on Oxford, England where she when for her Masters Degree.
My girls. On Sunday, Brad, Mandy and Piper went flying around eastern Nebraska in Brad's new airplane, a Piper Comanche. Look at that face! Piper loves to fly...it must be genetic from her Dad.
This was this morning as they crossed the pedestrian bridge across the Missouri River from Nebraska to Iowa. How I love these two. I can't wait to see them next month.
Is this an attitude or what? One foot in Nebraska and one foot in Iowa! And a pretty skirt too!
She informed me the other day that she has all kinds of plans for me when I get there. I can sleep with her in her big girl bed and then she'll sleep with me in my bed. We're going to watch "Moana" and dress up while we do it. We're going to play with her babies and have lots of fun. I'm sure we will!
Dennis is off work tomorrow so we're heading to the lake in the morning and then on up to the farmers market in Chewelah, WA. We've been just missing it all summer, so I hope we have success tomorrow. I keep hoping that one of these days we'll run into Pammy Sue of "Scotty's Place" on my sidebar while we're in Colville sometime. No luck so far but I'm not giving up.
That's about it here. Not a lot going on at all. I've been at the lake since last Friday, just coming home for church on Sunday, then back to the trailer until last night. I feel like we need to enjoy every second we can because people keep telling me it's going to be a severe winter again based on the signs from the animals up here. I hope they're wrong because I can tell you one thing for sure. I won't be going out in the snow any more than I have too.
I told you I was going to have the laser treatments on my back in my last post. Well! I had the first one where they were supposed to stay well below my pacemaker, heart and leads from the pacemaker. Just to be safe, I asked the girl doing the treatment where my T11 vertebrae is, (even though I already knew, I wanted to make sure SHE did.) She didn't know! She told me, "That's a good question, we'll have to ask the doctor," and proceeded to run that little wand all over my back clear up to my shoulders! I asked her to stop and she didn't. Now, I'm NOT a forceful person and I should have just sat up and said I was done, but I didn't. I just canceled the rest of the treatments. I don't know if it would have helped or not, but it's not worth messing up my PM. When I talked to the cardiologists office this morning to schedule my November checkup they told me to NEVER do that again. So, I guess I'll just have to deal with the pain.
Enough of that. Just thought I would update you all. I hope you all have a wonderful week. Have school started yet where you live? Enjoy the sun! I'll be checking your blogs.
I have a quote that I would like to share with you that I read on another blog, (cherylsmithministries.blogspot.com), this morning that I would love to share with you today.
"A little faith will bring your soul to Heaven; a great faith will bring Heaven to your soul." Charles H. Spurgeon
"Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need." Hebrews 4:16
Blessings to you all,
Betsy













0 Yorumlar