But if I've gone to the trouble or expense of arranging flowers for my home, I like them to last awhile. And I've discovered a simple way to make that happen. Let me show you.
These are hydrangeas that I picked on Thursday, May 26 and arranged for my son's graduation party. I took this photo on Saturday, May 28, during the party:
And here's a picture of those very same hydrangeas taken yesterday, June 6:
Can you believe it? 12 days and still going strong! As you can see, some of the greenery is turning yellow, but the blooms are still beautiful.
Of course you know to pick flowers in the cool of the morning while they're perky, to cut their stems at an angle, to remove most of the leaves, and to place them in water immediately. But here's a tip for really making them last:
**Add a few drops of household bleach to the water.**
That's it! It doesn't take much--I plop in just about 3-4 drops per quart of water. The flowers pictured here are held in six vases of water, and one capful of Clorox bleach was plenty for all six vases.
Need some pointers on DIY flower arranging? Click here.
Do you have any flower power secrets to share? Please do!


0 Yorumlar