Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Happy Easter

We are preparing for Easter and it's been pouring rain all day.



The good side of it is that all the snow is gone, the grass is showing (what there is of it out here) and all my spring flowers are up. 
But there is lots of mud as we have not seeded much of the lot yet. I tell anyone who visits to wear their wellies. :-)

Watching to see what birds find our bird houses adequate is quite exciting. Already the tree swallows are back and checking out the blue bird houses. Last year we had a sweet family of them live in one  and a house wren and her family as their neighbours.

And the chipmunks are our comic relief.







We had to postpone our Annual Easter Egg Hunt in the woodlot until Monday as it will rain right up to Easter day this year.  I'm so looking forward to having all the family, which include five excited grands, out for the day. And I'll be checking to see if the Easter Bunny arrived and hid lots of chocolate-filled eggs amongst the maples.
I've posted lots of signs for him and raked a path to invite him in. I planted pansies; swept around the outhouse, picked up scattered branches and twigs and added a new feeding station with seeds and peanuts next to the stone bench. I know, I know...I will leave him some carrots.
The chipmunks are nesting in the twig piles and I've made friends with a special one. There is no sign of Simon yet. I'm still hoping.




Annie and Wilson say "howdy".
Easter decor is bringing out the best in someone. After the tree flew through the air a few times I kept introducing him to it again and again and now he has become totally bored with it.
Sometimes you can actually outwit him. :-b



I hope you are enjoying this wonderful time of year.

"Happy Easter, everyone."

Deb




Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar