Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Being honest about my projects, a yarn confession.......

Let's be honest there is little extra time this time of year to make things.  But making things with yarn keeps me centered and calm.  So why am I not trying to schedule more time for that in my day?  For one thing there is no more time in my day, maybe I should ask for an extra day a week for Christmas, or even one more hour of the day.  As I sat down to knit last night and promptly nodded off on the sofa, I decided I need to get a little more serious about my projects and the time needed to complete them.  I am hoping that by linking up with Jennifer and her Winter Project Link Up Party, I will get my rear in gear and get moving.  



I missed linking up in November due to my Dad's death, really the end of October and the beginning of November seem all a blur to me.  The three projects I linked in October are just not happening.  I had all these grand ideas of finishing this Flaum and possibly making another one.  Really?  I think I live in a  dream world.  In my defense new yarn fumes can do strange things to your brain, making you feel like a knitting or crochet superhero with unbelievable skills and stamina.  When I bought this yarn for this sweater I was indeed affected by these yarn fumes.  As you can see the Flaum has made a little progress, and the key word in this sentence is little.  It is never ending this sweater and frankly I am not even half way through.  The ribbing takes FOREVER!!!!! All that back and forth, knit, purl, knit, purl.......it is enough to make me go crazy.  But in the end it will be a beautiful sweater, I just need to get back at it.


Then Teresa comes up with the bright idea to have a Hitchhiker knit a long this time of year! She tempts us with her very cool lime green yarn that will gently morph into other colors and I am hooked.  See I need color in my life so I cast on, of course trying to resist the temptation, but a new project always wins out every time doesn't it?  I am almost done with this, so close to the finish line but not there yet.  The rows are taking much longer now with all those stitches on, and I have yarn left so I am trying to use it up.  There are two big flaws in this scarf and you can see them when I don't have them hidden like in this photo.  Somehow I made a hole in it while knitting and didn't notice it until rows and rows later.  I fixed it as best I could without ripping the whole thing back. but my eyes go to it every time I look at it.  I am not sure this is going to be a gift because of that error.  I just have to finish it and give it a good soak to see if it is gift worthy. 


I was recently informed a new teachers helper will be joining Little Buddy's class that means I need yet another Queen Anne's Lace Scarf for a gift.  I need to get this done, and I mean done now.  But my heart is not in it.  This project has been in my purse, in my car, and sitting on my table staring at me in hopes I will just buckle down and get it finished, well just really get it started would be progress!  I think I need to be a bit sterner with myself with this one.  


Because I am living in project La-La-land I thought this yarn would be a beautiful Hitchhiker, a gift for my dear friend Cathy.  If and there is a big If, I get to cast this on before Christmas she just might get an unfinished project wrapped up in a gift bag.  She will totally understand because she is a knitter.  I saw this yummy yarn and thought of her.  I am not in love with the colors because they are a little too Autumn for me, but she will love them.


I am ending this yarn confession with a photo of Little Buddy's homework for the weekend.  The directions were to decorate this tree any way you want.  He had help with the glue, but other than that he did it all by himself.  

How are you getting along with your projects?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar