Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

LOOK BOOK: River Island Christmas AW16

 The Christmas press day is in full swing!
July sees the start of preparing for the Christmas period in fashion marketing and retail. I don't about anyone else but this doesn't fill me with the seasonal spirit. I find it really depressing! Still, I love a Christmas collection though. It is usually about the slinky little black dresses and the sexy sequin numbers. Which I love. You can never have enough lovely black dresses.
I feel it's a mixed bag from River Island though. There are a few pieces of 90's inspired slip dresses in the metallic trend. A trend we are going to see done to DEATH on the high street if the season trend reports are anything to go by. But there are also a few street-y pieces like the furry hood jacket which doesn't scream Christmas to me. I've seen the full line up of cut outs and there are some gorgeous jewelry pieces that haven't been given their moment to shine in this selection of campaign imagery.

 I'm surprised as normally River Island make an exciting look book so this is a little bit dull for them. Nothing in here inspires me to get to the shops fast. I know I'm having a bit of a love / hate relationship with the high street at the minute but this is just not me.


I expect the next few weeks to full of look books and Christmas present selections! I can't wait to see the new Topshop one! I do love a good Christmas handbag.......Santa? No?



Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar