Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Six Freaking Years of Truth, Shade & Great Pop Music on AlbumConfessions!


   Am I really writing another one of these sappy "thank you" posts already?! Seems like just yesterday when pop queens like Fergie, Gwen Stefani and Hilary Duff were announcing comebacks, and I began to cry on my bathroom floor. It's hard to believe that another glorious year for music has flown by, forever to remain in the past, but that's just the way it goes.

   Luckily, the past 365 days have brought incredible music to help pass the time. From Ariana Grande releasing her best album to date with Dangerous Woman to Tegan & Sara continuing down the pop path on Love You to Death and better than expected Drag Race contestant follow ups from the likes of Adore Delano and Sharon Needles, the year was definitely a needed explosion of pop magic. It's as needed as that strong drink at 5pm on a Friday!

   Thankfully, AlbumConfessions lasted another full year to bring my 12 fans all the latest buzzworthy music they probably already knew about before I even got to it. Whether you actually read any of my posts, I want to personally thank all you shady ass queens. Haha.

   This tiny music blog may not be the go-to source for music entertainment and album reviews just yet (honestly, it may never be), but I continue to push myself to continue what I love doing the most... more than sex on a Sunday morning, more than back-to-back episode of Digimon's first season, more than $3 wine from Trader Joe's... giving my honest, almost unbiased, opinions about music being released by established acts, and the hidden gems from independent artists that may not be getting the attention they truly deserve. Support your local talent!


   Last year, I finished up my fifth year of throwing shade behind a keyboard with a little over 325,000 views. That was not Earth-shattering by any means, my mom would say it was wonderful, but still a respectable number in my humble opinion, considering AlbumConfessions amassed a whopping 300 views in its debut year way back in 2010. Damn, I'm old.

   I was ecstatic with the number I achieved a year ago, there were a handful of people around the world who were actually reading my positive and negative critiques on some of the biggest names in the music industry and the independent artists who entrusted me with their work. I'll be honest, most were probably Adam Lambert fanatics, which makes the total even more meaningful. With today marking the end of my sixth year of my blog, my unique view count currently stands at... *drum roll please... 499,900 (at the time of writing), surpassing the 100,000 view goal I set for myself last year. This number is nowhere near the numbers of some of the more established and decorated sites out there... Idolator or PopCrush... I'm looking at you beautiful bastards... but hell, I'll take whatever I can get.

   As I work to try and put up new content on a regular basis for AlbumConfessions, I continue to work very closely with my Music Connection team to review local Austin bands who are just trying to make a name for themselves, just as I am. I've been able to witness talented indie acts, such as Darkbird, The Human Circuit, Migrant Kids and a few others, dominate the stage with their unique take on artistic/musical expression. Quite impressive. The publication also allowed me to officially cover the music portion of the SXSW festival this year, my very first set of press credentials. Within the few chaotic festival days, I was able to interview the likes of Grizfolk, Alexander Jean, Bloc Party, Transviolet and one of my idols, Kat Dahlia. I will always be grateful for the opportunity.

   I can add all these talented names to my ever-growing list of interviewees which already included Boy George, Ivy Levan, Bonnie McKee, Neon Hitch, Courtney Act, Adore Delano, Steve Grand, Solomon, Semi Precious Weapons, Kimberly Caldwell, Oh, Be Clever, Jinkx Monsoon, Raja, Blake Lewis, XELLE, Chris Wallace, Blake McGrath, Kaya Jones, ROB.B, SIRPAUL, Colton Ford, Ryder, Adam Tyler and BAKER. Wow with the name dropping. I'll stop for now.

   This year, I've also been lucky to witness amazing live performances from the likes of Tony Bennett, Kelly Clarkson, Carly Rae Jepsen, Ellie Goulding, Years & Years, Kris Allen, Hall & Oates, and traveled all the way to Las Vegas just to experience Adam Lambert and Alex Newell in concert. All shows were absolutely incredible, and I still have Todrick Hall, Culture Club, Gwen Stefani, Tegan & Sara, Sia and Demi Lovato & Nick Jonas coming up on the calendar. Anyone else going?

   I have a complete blast sharing music with others, every post is a reminder that music is my life. I am hoping more artists will come across my blog, trust in me, and allow me the chance to share their work with other passionate music lovers.

   For the approaching year, I hope to continue to expand this soon-to-be global brand. I want to interview more established artists (emails to Karmin, Greyson Chance and Todrick Hall have already been sent), more up and coming talents, and yes, more contestants of RuPaul's Drag Race (Kim Chi was robbed, there I said it)... Sharon Needles and Miss Fame, stop ignoring my calls and inappropriate Snapchats.

   I want to form connections that will help get AlbumConfessions more recognition, but most importantly, I want to keep writing my completely honest reviews of good and terrible music because in the end, this is what I want to be doing the rest of my life. I honestly believe, music does make the world a better place, even if people in my work office complain about it to my supervisor. Fuck off!

   To get serious for just a quick minute, every new song that pops up in my email inbox, every single blog view I receive on a daily basis, every shady comment from a 15-year-old troll, every Twitter follower, every Facebook like, even every vicious attack from the Rihanna Navy and Selena Gomez fanatics... it all brings a smile to my face. Thank you very much.

   Again, I appreciate all the love and support, the little things that keep this slightly delusional individual satisfied. Whether I'm rambling about how Adam Lambert, Kelly Clarkson and Hilary Duff squandered chances at fully promoting their amazing recent albums, how everyone needs to go buy copies of This Is What the Truth Feels Like by Gwen Stefani and Last Year Was Complicated by Nick Jonas so their tours won't be cancelled, or how I just didn't care for recent efforts from Rihanna, Adele and Beyonce, I am glad you even take the time to click on links to my blog, when there are thousands that probably crowd your timelines.

   Follow me on Twitter, like my Facebook page (I'm even on Instagram)... if you want. Until next year, fingers crossed for another 100,000 views and even more amazing music! Lady Gaga, we are all looking at you!

Love, Peace, Glitter & Grease...


Luis

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar