Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Raekwon Speaks on Unreleased Jay Z Collaboration

Some time last year, just before Jay Z's 12th album, Magna Carta Holy Grail album dropped, a picture of him and Raekwon together in the studio hit the Internet. A lot of people couldn't wait to hear the end result of the studio time, but when the album dropped, there was no Rae on it. The Chef, in a recent interview on Montreality said they did record a track, but he doesn't know what happened to it. He also said maybe Jay Z wanted Ghostface on the track too, and it didn't happen, so he didn't put the track out.







"I guess he tucked it or whatever. And you know, I guess he got a plan or whatever. "I don't really know. You know what I mean? I just know that at the end of the day we still got things that we discussing that we gon' make happen. I don't know what happened with the record though, you know -- I don't know what happened cause I know I guess he wanted to have Starks on it too. You know how it is when you got your vision and you want it to be a certain way. It didn't come fully into fruition though, but it was still a lot of great love though." ("Montreality")







Raekwon is one Wu-Tang Clan member I have always liked; maybe because his style is very similar to Nas's style from the mid 90s...It Was Written era. I also like how he has managed to stay relevant all these years, without losing himself in all the new waves and styles out there. I would love to hear that mystery track...and it would make even more sense if Jay eventually gets Ghost on it.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar